Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
The Cloud Architect will support both our internal Cloud running OpenStack and AWS infrastructure components. The Cloud Architect will have hands-on experience with Enterprise Networking. The Cloud Architect will be responsible for facilitating and driving organizational change while creating a holistic Cloud strategy and framework that will help our organization maintain a leading Cloud offering.
- Minimum of 7+ years of IT/Networking experience required as well as 5 + years’ experience in designing and implementing highly scalable cloud based solution architectures for PaaS, IaaS or SaaS.
- 10 years relevant experience in IT/Network with expertise in architecting and rolling out new Cloud technology and solution initiatives preferred
- Strong analytical, communication and problem solving skills
- Strong skills related to IT cost modeling and analysis.
- Organized, independent, self-motivated, and detail oriented
- Previous experience with developing an Enterprise Cloud Strategy and direct experience with deploying business applications to the Cloud.
- Strong network security background. Good understanding of private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing and networking,massive data storage, and security.
- Proven track record of leading small to medium sized solutions projects of moderate complexity including scoping.
- Experience working with OpenStack and Amazon (AWS)
- Methodologies: Waterfall and Agile.
- Working knowledge of application and data integration technologies and patterns.
- Working knowledge in Information Security,Data Privacy and regulatory compliance as it pertains to data.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Math (or related technical major) or equivalent practical experience required.
- MS or PhD Computer Science or Math and/or a technically-oriented MBA preferred.
- Responsible for defining and implementing the Cloud strategy for IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and working across all IT domains and with business partner to deliver enterprise Cloud capability.
- Lead cloud application architectural design, trade-offs, and risk-mitigation considerations to project teams which deliver solid applications to our customer.
- Design, deliver, document and communicate a holistic Cloud architecture with a focus on standards, growth, performance, flexibility, reliability, scalability, and security
- Define, apply, and drive the use of patterns, best practices, and standards
- Partner across various IT and business teams for both internal and our client(s) organizations to provide insight and technology recommendations that result in enterprise solutions that solve critical business problems
- Identify architectural risks and plans to mitigate
- Ensure strategies, standards, and reference architectures are consistent and integrated across IT domains
- Deliver technical collateral including technical case studies, best practices guides, whitepapers, and solution reference architecture to drive adoption of our Cloud solution.
- Serve as a key member of the business development and strategic sales deal team, responsible for scoping customer engagements, developing well defined project milestones and success criteria, architecture design, coding framework and successful on time project delivery.